6/28/2012 10:53 PM
This Wednesday is Independence Day, a day when millions of Americans will honor the nation by attending parades, pool parties, barbecues, and firework shows. In honor of this joyous summer holiday, here are two 4th of July drinking games. Grab a patriotic cocktail and get to playing!
4th of July Drinking Games
(At a fireworks show)
1. Someone gasps or oohs at the sight of fireworks.
2. The crowd claps.
3. A child cries after a loud explosion.
4. You see someone wearing a flag shirt.
5. A firework fails to launch or explode properly.
6. You see someone wearing a glow stick.
7. When someone waves a flag (if there are many people with flags, choose one).
8. You see a man or woman in a military uniform.
9. You hear someone complain about politics.
10. You see a woman in a flag bikini (two drinks!)
(At a barbecue or picnic)
1. You hear fireworks booming in the distance.
2. You hear hooting and hollering in the distance.
3. You see an animal with some sort of patriotic attire.
4. Someone gripes about politics. Two drinks for Obamacare references.
5. You hear “Born in the USA” or “Proud to be an American.”
6. You see someone wearing a flag shirt, bikini, or other piece of clothing.
7. Someone breaks out a sparkler. Finish drink before sparkler goes out.
8. You see fireworks in the sky. Bonus drinks for red, white, and blue fireworks.
9. You hear the national anthem.
10. You see an American flag. One drink per flag.
Happy 4th of July!